These mini pizzas are great for a fast & light dinner when things get hectic. I swear it’s faster and better for you than buying pizza in the frozen section of your supermarket!
When I was a little kid, my grandmother used to make my cousins and I these little pizzas that she’d fry on the stove top with some cheese and basil. It was so yum and kinda got me inspired.
Warning: this can get messy and fun with the kids!
Ingredients for Pizza Dough for 4 people
- 1 cup (250 ml) lukewarm water
- 2 1/4 cups (560 ml ) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) instant dry yeast (only if you have)
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, using your hands, combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Add water and stir until it forms a soft ball.
- Knead dough until it is the consistency of dough.
- Form dough into little balls or fritters.
- Heat olive oil in a deep fryer or pan.
- Place each little pizza when olive oil is hot.
- Fry for about 2 mins on each side.
- Add toppings you like!
*In the picture, I added ingredients I already had in my fridge. My tomato spread was a red pepper sauce spread, I used sprouts and salami as toppings and added some crushed red pepper flakes or dried up parsley and basil on top!